Pages

Reason#66 Chicken Inasal

Chicken Inasal
That solitary cup of rice is definitely not enough!
Nice to know:

Inasal means "grilled" in the Visayas region. But we're not talking about regular grilled chicken because chicken inasal marinade belongs to a category of its own. The varieties have evolved to suit various tastes, but it is still undeniably Pinoy.

Why it's in the list:

I prefer the "modified", not-too-sour chicken inasal. I usually pick the pa-a and drown it in my own toyo-calamansi mix. Then I would sniff and appreciate the aroma before taking a huge bite. Just thinking about it is making me drool.

On days when I feel famished, I order 3 cups of extra rice with a single piece of chicken inasal. I guess Mang Inasal noticed that crowds of Pinoys have similar carbo-loading habits because it became a hit by offering unlimited rice along with its inasal meals.


No comments:

Post a Comment