Pages

Reason#109 The Magician - Efren Bata Reyes



The Magician, Efren Bata Reyes
I wonder why everyone's smiling
Efren Reyes' game face
Hala, nakakunot na ang noo...
Nice to know:

Bata means "kid" or "young". He certainly isn't a kid anymore, but why is he called Bata anyway? Legend has it that there was an older (with all due respect) Efren who also played pool. To eliminate confusion when both Efrens are in the same area, people refer to him as "Efren Bata". I'm not sure if the other Efren was called "Efren Tanda". Probably not.

Foreign pro pool players call him "The Magician" because of his mystical powers and his magic wand.

What they say:

Other than Bata's knack for nailing unbelievable shots, what really impresses me is his incredible humility.



2 comments:

  1. Do you people have a facebook fan page? I looked for one on twitter but could not discover one, I would really like to become a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, this is Angeline Acacio from Philippine Information Agency, is it possible for me to contact anyone of the contributors thru email please? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete